Version 1.3 Software Update Released 10/18/19
The Version 1.3 software will include the following improvements:
• Reset on Takeoff in FD or TOGA Mode: Per the upgrade, the FD/TOGA functionality will no longer reset the autopilot during takeoff, which was experienced on certain aircraft configurations.
• LPV Lateral Offsets: Some GPS Navigators were found to have an offset between the GPS Steering output data and the displayed GPS track (magenta Line) during LPV approaches. Version 1.3 software allows the 3100 autopilot to calculate an internal roll steering command to null any offsets while in APRGPSS mode.
• Mode display improvements: Updates to the mode display during Navigation source changes.
• Vertical Speed sync updates: Upgrade features improvements to dual board 3100 systems, which synchronize the VS targets on each board to prevent unintentional autopilot disconnects.
• Bank Angle Limit: Upgrade limits the autopilot to a standard rate turn (three-degrees per second) based on Indicated Airspeed to improve flight comfort. This will be more noticeable in HDG mode at slower speeds.
• Envelope Protection Updates:
• Underspeed protection with de-icing systems: The 3100 will be able to monitor a discrete input from the aircraft de-ice system to allow different speed thresholds for the underspeed protection engaging. This new feature requires a Flight-Into-Known-Icing (FIKI) kit, which can be purchased from Genesys Aerosystems. The kit for aircraft with FIKI capabilities includes a jumper that is engaged with prop heat and an annunciator light to show it is activated.
• Underspeed protection during an approach: Once the 3100 autopilot has captured the glideslope, active underspeed protection will still be active until the aircraft has descended 1000 feet below that capture point. At this point, the passive underspeed aural warnings will be active only and the autopilot will not pitch down to maintain airspeed.
• Flight Director only during an approach: If the Flight Director (FD) is engaged only and the autopilot (AP) disengaged, aural warnings for overspeed and underspeed will be inhibited.
• NAV intercept: Upgrade improves course intercept and capture performance to better account for crosswinds.
• VS/IAS bug behavior: Upgrade features improvements to always sync to external VS/IAS bugs if they are in the correct direction compared to the desired altitude target. Installation without external VS/IAS bugs available will sync to 500fpm in the direction of the desired altitude target.
• Altitude capture improvements: Upgrade enables smoother transition when capturing an altitude during a steep intercept.
Version 1.3 Software is customized for each individual aircraft and lead times may vary significantly based upon your aircraft’s make, model and avionics configuration. Please place your upgrade order through your Genesys authorized avionics shop.