High-performance, two-axis autopilot for reducing pilot workload in IMC through all modes of flight.
- High Performance: Fully IFR-capable, with nav and glide slope intercepts that make it ideal for approaches.
- GPS Roll Steering: When coupled to a GPS navigator, the 55X does not follow CDI movement but the commands directly from the navigator to anticipate turns.
- Control Wheel Steering: Hand-fly aircraft and then let the autopilot take over to hold the existing turn rate and vertical speed.
- Hundreds of STC’s: From light singles through piston twins.
- Optional Altitude Preselect*, Electric Trim, Yaw Damper
- Compatibility: The S-TEC 55X is a 2-Axis (3-Axis available on some models) Flight Control System, with optional Automatic Pitch Trim. Whether you have advanced glass EFIS displays or the traditional 6-pack steam gauges, the S-TEC 55X supports a wide variety of cockpit setups
*Requires additional equipment
- Case contained, radio stack mount
- Heading preselect and hold*
- Altitude hold with optional automatic electric trim
- Numerous NAV modes (GPS, VOR, ILS, LOC)
- Intercept modes – HDG to NAV, NAV to APR & HDG to APR
- Precise Approach control for LPV, LNAV, VNAV, LOC, ILS, & VOR
- Vertical speed control
- Altitude preselect**
- Much more…
* Requires heading system with a heading bug
** Requires a baro corrected source
- Width: 6.25″ (159mm)
- Height: 1.50″ (38mm)
- Depth: 9.46″ (240mm)
- 2.7 lbs (1.22 kg) (Control computer only)
- TSO-C9C (Automatic Pilots)
- TSO-C52a (Flight Director Equipment)
- RTCA DO-160C to meet TSO-C198
- RTCA DO-178B
*See a Genesys approved dealer for a list of airframe installation STC’s