Helicopter Autopilot for Light and Medium Rotorcraft
The HeliSAS® Helicopter Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System provides the safety and workload reduction benefits of stability augmentation that were once reserved for military and transport category helicopters. With over 1,000 sold, the patented HeliSAS technology has saved the lives of helicopter pilots and passengers. (Patent number 7,108,232)
This helicopter SAS and autopilot:
- A two-axis autopilot (three-axis option available on the Bell 505)
- Providing both Lateral and Vertical functions
- HDG, VOR, LOC, GPS, GS, SPD*, VRT, and ALT
- Course intercept capability
- HDG to NAV
- Weighs less than 15 pounds
- Dramatic reduction in pilot workload
- Safer, more confident command...even under demanding conditions
- Auto-recover to a neutral attitude in situations where the pilot may lose visual reference (SAS)
- Pilots with no helicopter experience have successfully hovered a HeliSAS-equipped helicopter with very little practice.
*SPD function available on certain modelsLike what you've read? Contact sales here.
- Bell 206B/L
- Bell 407
- Bell 505
- Airbus/Eurocopter AS350
- Airbus/Eurocopter EC120
- Airbus/Eurocopter EC130B4
- Airbus/Eurocopter EC130T2
- Robinson R44
- Robinson R66
Certifications (Scheduled)Announcements coming soon...
What Do Our Customers Say?
“I own Sweet Helicopters and we operate 3 Airbus EC130s and 1 H125 helicopter. Every one of these aircraft has the HeliSAS autopilot installed. In addition to making it more comfortable on long flights, I find the HeliSAS is one of the best safety upgrades you can ever install in a helicopter. It significantly reduces the pilot’s workload to make it easier to adjust radios, set destinations, etc. If you ever lose visual reference, simply let go of the controls and it will level automatically. It is truly magic and lifesaving!” -Chuck Surack, Owner