Helicopter Autopilot for Light and Medium Rotorcraft
The HeliSAS® Helicopter Autopilot and Stability Augmentation System provides the safety and workload reduction benefits of stability augmentation that were once reserved for military and transport category helicopters. With over 1,000 sold, the patented HeliSAS technology has saved the lives of helicopter pilots and passengers. (Patent number 7,108,232)
This helicopter SAS and autopilot:
- A two-axis autopilot
- Providing both Lateral and Vertical functions
- HDG, VOR, LOC, GPS. GS, SPD*, VRT and ALT
- Course intercept capability
- HDG to NAV
- Weighs less than 15 pounds
- Dramatic reduction in pilot workload
- Safer, more confident command...even under demanding conditions
- Auto-recover to a neutral attitude in situations where the pilot may lose visual reference (SAS)
- Pilots with no helicopter experience have successfully hovered a HeliSAS-equipped helicopter with very little practice.
- STC'd on the Robinson R44, R66, Bell 206B/L, AS350 model series, EC120, EC130B4, and EC130T2.
*SPD function available on certain models