Genesys Aerosystems is adhering to the recommendations regarding the prevention of the coronavirus (COVID 19) from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and is dedicated to mitigating disruption to our business as well as that of our customers and partners while keeping our employees’ safety at the forefront. In an effort to do this we are currently addressing the Health and Safety of Employees and our Business Operations as outlined below:
Employee and Visitor Health and Safety
- Travel restrictions, guidelines, and recommendations – We have resumed business travel to locations open to travel, and are adhering to all local requirements during travel
- Workforce – All workers typically working in the office are required to be back in the office. Face masks have been made available to all employees in the facility to wear when they cannot be distanced while performing certain job functions, or otherwise at their discretion during normal, distanced, working conditions
- All employees who are vaccinated and have come in contact with a person who has tested positive will still be allowed to work as long as there are no symptoms present. All employees who are not vaccinated and have come in contact with a person who has tested positive will be required to quarantine per the CDC’s recommendations.
- We have installed multiple hand sanitizers within the office premises.
- We ensure frequent cleaning and sanitization of our workplaces.
- We have increased space between employees’ workstations.
- With regards to visitors, a protocol has been put in place to require prior approval and ensure screening of potential visits to the facility. All visitors must adhere to the same safety procedures as employees.
- Genesys Aerosystems is an Essential and Critical Infrastructure workforce as we manufacture and repair critical avionics for aircraft which falls under the Transportation and Logistics section of Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce: Ensuring Community and National Resilience in COVID-19 Response Memo. Our customers also include Health Care professionals operating HEMS as well as Law Enforcement. Both of these also fall under the guidelines set forth.
- Genesys Aerosystems is experiencing the sustained supply chain crisis being experienced through several industries and lead times have increased significantly. Genesys is currently quoting lead times for all products at 20+ weeks. We will continue to work with our suppliers to provide as accurate lead times as possible, but partners and customers should expect a level of uncertainty until the supply chain issues have been completely resolved. We recommend all customers provide a 12-18 month forecast to ensure product availability if at all possible.
- Our repair station is also experiencing supply chain issues, but supporting our products in the field is still a top priority and we are trying to mitigate any downtime due to part shortages.
- Research and Development is also impacted by supply chain issues. Hence delays in completions of product releases are expected. We are working diligently to reduce the impact to customers.
We place the highest value on the partnerships that we’ve established with our customers and stakeholders. Rest assured we are dedicated to ensuring uninterrupted success, even in times of hardship and challenge, and will continue to monitor and adapt to this dynamic situation to the best of our ability.
In the end, we wish our customers health, security, and prosperity through these unprecedented times, and please feel free to continue communications with Genesys through the normal channels.
Updated December, 20, 2021