Prepare instructional documentation for use with company products to include Pilot Operating Handbooks (POH), Troubleshooting Guides, and Publication Indexes. Conduct training classes and instructional demonstrations to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop, write, and revise documentation including: Publication Indexes, Troubleshooting Guides, and Pilot Operating Handbooks.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing, with dealers, customers, and the general public.
- Assisting Software Engineers in Simulator development and testing for features and functionality prior to release of product.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals conducting classes for specialized use of hardware and software including the following:
- Airborne Law Enforcement
- Emergency Medical Transport Services
- Search and Rescue operations
- Military applications of EFIS and Autopilot usage
- Ability to preserve confidentiality concerning customer proprietary information.
- Ability to conduct classroom style training and presentations using software tools to include Power Point presentations and use of audio and visual equipment.
- Ability to accommodate a heavy travel schedule, both domestically and internationally.
- Excellent publishing skills using various software publishing tools along with a background in graphics design.
- Ability to develop and maintain a professional working relationship with internal resources to include Engineering, Sales and Marketing, Quality, and Manufacturing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Certified Pilot with Instrument experience preferred
- Current Certified Flight and/or Ground Instructor Instrument Airplanes or Rotorcraft
- Rotorcraft experience
- Flight experience with EFIS and extensive FMS (Flight Management Systems) usage
- Course development for FAA required syllabi (FITS Syllabus experience)
- Technical understanding of EFIS integration architecture with knowledge of certification requirements
- Documentation of Pilot Guides for various products with experience in publication of documents
- Managing changes to Pilot Guide and syllabi based on technical references (i.e., System Requirement Docs)
- Eight to ten years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience