Incumbent will research, develop, design, implement and test products, and systems by performing the following duties. Performs engineering design evaluations with limited supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but not limited to, as other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reviews and evaluates product request from customer, and formulates conceptual design to meet customer requirements.
- Analyzes project proposal to determine feasibility, manufacturability, cost, and production time, and discusses proposal with engineers, managers and other personnel.
- Evaluates product design for conformance to engineering principles, customer requirements, regulations, quality standards, and specifications.
- Coordinates design, production, testing, and related activities.
- Consults with project personnel and others to provide technical assistance and information.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Applies knowledge of the FAA certification process during the design of products
- Supports other Engineers to resolve complex technical issues and provides trouble shooting and diagnostics support to customers and internal users.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year College or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual should have knowledge of Design and Development processes, software and techniques; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.