Responsible for design, development, implementation, integration and analysis of technical products and systems. Performs engineering design evaluations and provides technical interface to customers on multiple projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews and evaluates product request from customer, and formulates conceptual and feasible design changes to existing products to meet customer requirements.
- Analyzes project proposal to determine feasibility, manufacturability, cost, and production time, and discusses proposal with engineers, customers and other personnel.
- Support customer development and design
- Evaluates product design for conformance to engineering principles, customer requirements, quality standards, and specifications.
- Perform system/software integration activities to verify proper functionality of the products
- Develop new testing applications or modify existing tools to support integration activities and formal tests
- Support the software/system development activities for the company’s new and legacy product lines
- Become highly knowledgeable in the architecture, design, and function of our company’s avionics products
- Coordinates design, production, testing, and related activities.
- Consults with project personnel and others to provide technical assistance and information.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Establish knowledge of the avionics certification processes for the FAA and other certification authorities
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year College or university; or minimum eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual should have knowledge of Design and Development processes, software and techniques; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.