- Responsible for overall software quality in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Lead Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) when systemic discrepancies are identified.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies and compliance standards as required.
- Identify SQA process bottlenecks and lead actions for improvement efforts with the Engineering Product Development team.
- Participate in Safety Assessments, Design Reviews, Design Change Reviews, and Change Impact Analysis as required.
- Perform test readiness, software verification, and final project reviews ensuring Software Life Cycle Data meets RTCA DO-178.
- Monthly review of Navigation and Obstruction data and perform annual supplier audits on Letter of Authorization (LOA) activities.
- Performing periodic audits per AS9100, AS9115, and APR9005 to assure that no unauthorized changes have been made to the software loaded on test and programming stations in Production.
- Ensure Software Quality objectives are met for SOI 1 through 4 for all products that meet RTCA DO-178.
EDUCATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science; and a minimum of four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Software Quality Engineering Experience is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with DO-178 up to DAL A and AS9115 objectives. Experience within the Aerospace, Aviation, or Defense Industries.
- Proficient in at least one high-level programming language (e.g. C, C++, C#, MATLAB, etc.).
- Must be familiar with the Software Development Life Cycles.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be familiar with Software Approval guidelines and AC for software development and verification.
- This position requires the use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Due to ITAR Restrictions, candidates must be a US Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident