- Serve as technical and program liaison for external customers and the organization from the commencement of a customer project until closure.
- Work with Sales/BD to review imminent opportunities. This includes reviewing technical solutions, design specifications, preparing statement of work, providing design engineering and certification scope/cost/schedule estimates.
- Create engineering program plan and schedule. Work with engineering leadership to allocate project staff according to project requirements.
- Identify and resolve project risks and issues, facilitate solutions and remove project roadblocks.
- Ensure customer commitments and contractual requirements are well understood and followed by all functions in the company.
- Manage project milestones and co-ordinate with multiple functions for successful project completion
- Control expenditures within limitations of project budget. This includes managing change requests from customers, schedule slips, etc.
- Review product design at a system level for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year university and a minimum of 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Due to ITAR Restrictions, candidates must be a US Citizen or lawful Permanent Resident.
- Requirements Analysis, Customer Interface, Aircraft integration Design Skills, Project Management, Process Improvement, Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills
- Broad knowledge in avionics systems and safety critical applications with team leadership capabilities.
- Ability to sequentially multi-task, priortize and interface at all levels of management and engineering.
- Have a working knowledge of cost and schedule performance analysis and reporting
- Proven Leadership qualities, excellent communication skills and technical writing skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with customers and suppliers as well as management and employees.
- Experience in being a spokesperson for the customer and the company
- Knowledge of the avionics certification processes for the FAA and other certification authorities
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills to drive to root cause and appropriate corrective action.
- Experience with the system development lifecycle including system concept definition, requirements development, system design, and system validation/verification.
- Action oriented, results driven, high energy, self-starter
- Innovative with new approaches to design work and project management
- Familiarity with aerospace standards like DO-254, DO-160, DO-178B/C, ARP-4754 and ARP-4761 is a plus.