Lays out, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies developmental and production electronic components, parts, equipment and systems to component level by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Test, repair, and evaluate electronic components.
- Operate conventional test equipment and tools. (DVM, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Ability to set up calibrate and operate specific test equipment.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Mfg. Engineering, assembly lines and Quality Control.
- Perform test on products per engineering specifications.
- Interprets specifications, drawings, job orders, and test procedures.
- Works with Manufacturing Engineering adjust work procedures.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment, efficiency, performance, and quality of product.
- Troubleshoot problems to discrete component levels.
- Knowledge of digital and analog electronics.
- Maintains product troubleshooting failure reports and test reports.
- Ensures product traceability.
- Advanced soldering skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; two to three years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.