Provides expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems. Resolves highly complex technical issues and conducts advanced research. Principal Engineer will be responsible for defining, designing, implementing, testing and certifying products and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but not limited to, as other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reviews and evaluates product request from customer, and formulates conceptual design to meet customer requirements.
- Analyzes project proposal to determine feasibility, manufacturability, cost, and production time, and discusses proposal with engineers and other personnel.
- Evaluates product design for conformance to engineering principles, customer requirements, quality standards, and specifications.
- Coordinates design, production, testing, and related activities.
- Consults with project personnel and others to provide technical assistance and information.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Leads and supports the development of the system architecture and system design for new products or modification to existing products.
- Leads and directs the work of others and provides mentorship to other team members.
- Applies FAA certification process.
- Uses existing processes to support the achievement of major and minor certifications for the company’s new and legacy products.
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university and a minimum of eight years related experience in the field or in a related area; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual should have expert knowledge of Design, Development and certification processes, software and techniques; Project Management methodologies; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.