The qualified candidate will be responsible for performing as part of the Engineering teams to define, re-design, support and certify existing and new avionic hardware products.
- Support the creation and modification of the hardware architecture, hardware requirements and hardware design for existing and new products.
- Support the obsolescence engineering process and collaborate with engineering/operations/purchasing to identify solutions for existing designs.
- Provide technical alternatives for and coordinate the solution for material and manufacturing issues including producibility with existing production designs.
- Assist in the development of test software and instructions for automated testing of new and existing products.
- Investigate production issues with new and existing designs during the manufacturing process.
- Design and develop product acceptance test equipment and procedures for production to verify proper functionality of products
- Interface with the customer and be able to travel to customer sites when necessary.
EDUCATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- B.S. Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering;
- PCB layout experience and interest in design
- Ability to design circuitry analog and digital
- Design for Manufacturing experience or education
- Ability to design and program using C/C+/C#
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exposure to a manufacturing or design environment
- Interest in aviation/avionics design and manufacturing.
- Ability to learn the avionics certification processes for the FAA and other certification authorities