The qualified candidate will be responsible for performing as part of the Engineering teams to define, re-design, support and certify existing avionic hardware products.
- Support the creation and modification of the hardware architecture, hardware requirements and hardware design for existing products.
- Support the obsolescence engineering process and collaborate with operations/purchasing to identify solutions.
- Provide technical alternatives for and coordinate the solution for material and manufacturing issues including producibility with existing production designs.
- Assist in the development of software and instructions for automated equipment.
- Investigate production issues with existing designs during the manufacturing process.
- Design and develop product acceptance test equipment and procedures for production to verify proper functionality of products
- Interface with the customer and be able to travel to customer sites when necessary.
- B.S. Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering; three to five years’ experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CCA/PCB design
- Ability to design circuitry
- Design for Manufacturing experience or education
- Ability to design and understand low level programming and “C” code language
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exposure/experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Exposure/experience working with obsolescence engineering software
- Establish knowledge of the avionics certification processes for the FAA and other certification authorities