SUMMARY: Responsible for answering telephones, directing calls, greeting customers and visitors. Responsible for maintenance of paper and electronic files for accurate Customer Support records and assisting in all phases of warranty administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following, but not limited to, as other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answer phones and respond to dealer/customer requests or route calls to appropriate personnel
- Initiate Return Material Authorization paperwork for incoming units
- Route incoming mail and locates and attaches appropriate documents to correspondence that is routed to the appropriate technician or Customer Support Representative
- Composes and types routine correspondence
- Files correspondence and all other departmental records
- Coordinate receiving and shipment of components for Customer Support activities on the road
- Processes credit returns
- Process and maintain records of warranty applications and process and research dealer warranty claims and maintain records thereof
- Verify warranty status of components returned for repair or exchange and communicate with dealers to ensure compliance with company warranty policies
- Assist with repair order processing
- Assist with activities in the Repair Station as required
- Initiate Service Repair Order (SRO) for dealers/customers unit as necessary
- Initiate work document packages for all incoming repair articles (Repair Order, Ship/Receive Form, Data Sheet, and any customer supplied documentation)
- Processes third party warranty repairs and coordinates with the third-party vendor for any information needed to ship the repair
- Keeps track of loaner, exchange and rental core returns to ensure they are returned within the 90-day allowance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED); one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
TRAINING: Ability to satisfactorily complete in-house specialized training.