Responsible for assisting with fixed wing and rotorcraft related activities during STC, installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance related activities. Must possess and demonstrate a high level of technical avionics interface knowledge, digital and analog interfaces, various component compatibilities and regulations with respect to certifying fixed wing and rotorcraft safe for flight. People skills to successfully interface with customers is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but not limited to, as other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with customer aircraft brought to the Company for on-site assistance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve aircraft discrepancies with advanced avionics systems.
- Perform avionics installations.
- Must be able to accurately and thoroughly interpret design drawings of mechanical and electrical parts, and component installations.
- Comply with AC 145 Repair Station Rules and Regulations.
- Take responsibility for the induction, inspection, maintenance, and documentation of customer aircraft.
- Order and monitor progress of deliverables in support of repair or installation of components, brackets, or units.
- Manage activities to maintain schedule and budget.
- Interface directly with customers.
- Respond to dealer / customer requests for technical assistance via email or telephone.
- Inform Customer Support Manager of dealer / customer issues which have not been resolved in a timely manner.
- Document dealer / customer feedback.
- Performs Company Conformity Inspections when applicable.
- Receives and inspects mechanical and electrical parts to be used in certification projects.
- Inspects Autopilot and EFIS component installations in certification project aircraft for conformance to the design data.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Associates degree (A.A) related to general aviation avionics or an A & P license with three years avionics experience on general aviation and helicopter aircraft, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Inspection authority and/or a pilot’s license is a plus.