The applicant will be responsible for the design, development, integration, and testing of airborne avionics embedded software, ground-based application software, and/or simulation software. Applicant must be able to support the full software development life cycle – including requirements, software implementation, verification and validation following DO-178B/C objectives and configuration management. Applicant should possess skills to excel in a mature software process environment, interfacing with customers and various disciplines within the organization.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews and evaluates product request from customer, and formulates conceptual design to meet customer requirements.
- Analyzes project proposal to determine feasibility, manufacturability, cost, and production time, and discusses proposal with engineers and other personnel.
- Evaluates product design for conformance to engineering principles, customer requirements, quality standards, and specifications.
- Coordinates design, production, testing, and related activities.
- Consults with project personnel and others to provide technical assistance and information.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Leads and supports the development of the system architecture and system design for new products or modification to existing products
- Leads and directs the work of others and provides mentorship to other team members.
- Applies FAA certification process.
- Uses existing processes to support the achievement of major and minor certifications for the company’s new and legacy products
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years of real time embedded avionics systems/software development experience.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in C code software programming
- Sound knowledge of aerospace standards such as DO-178B/C
Additional required Qualifications
- Familiarity with aircraft operation and avionics systems experience
- Experience in the design and development of real-time embedded software
- Effective communication skills and the ability to coordinate the resolution of issues
- Experience with the system development lifecycle including system concept definition, requirements development, system design, and system validation/verification.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, teaming, customer interaction and personal leadership abilities
- Ability to handle multiple activities/priorities effectively
- Action oriented, results driven, high energy, self-starter
- Innovative with new approaches to design work
- Influential with peers and customers and demonstrate critical thinking skills to drive to root cause and appropriate corrective action.
- Ability to work with cross-functional engineers in a team environment
- Familiarity with aerospace standards like DO-254, DO-160, ARP-4754 and ARP-4761 is a plus.
- Knowledge of C#, Python, and/or PERL
- Experience with Software Modeling Tools (MathWorks, Simulink) is a plus
This role requires a highly motivated, organized engineer that is familiar with aspects of avionics safety critical product development, of whom is capable of providing expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems. Resolving highly complex technical issues, conducting advanced research, independently designing and creating software solutions based on limited information on rapidly evolving projects are skills that are imperative to the success of this role.