- To function as a manufacturing problem solver.
- To coordinate solution of manufacturing problems through all affected areas.
- To advise design engineering and others on questions of producibility and the application of new technologies.
- Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies in the factory and their impact on production methods.
- Design tooling, fab aids, jigs and fixtures for assembly.
- Assist manufacturing management on such items as interchangeability, accountability, tool policy, manufacturing plan, manufacturing test plan, process control and documentation.
- Develop method and operation sequences for fabrication and assembly.
- Review and coordinate the documentation of manufacturing methods and processes.
- Assist in the development of assembly guides, procedures and illustrations.
- Investigate manufacturing problems that are encountered during the manufacture of parts and assemblies.
- Provide technical alternatives for and coordinate the solution with others on problems with tooling, inspection, engineering, material and manufacturing.
- May be required to assist in the development of software and instructions for automated equipment.
- Review new designs and recommend modifications to optimize productivity and producibility.
- Verify bills of material.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS Interpretation of engineering drawings, parts lists, component specifications, wiring lists and schematics. Ability to comprehend, and master machine operation from manufacturer’s manuals. Superior communication skills are required to instruct others performing manufacturing processes; to efficiently transmit instructions by speaking, writing and illustrating. Ability to support several concurrent tasks on a routine basis. Basic office equipment – calculators, copiers and keyboarding. Experienced in MS Word, Excel, Project and computer aided design, such as AutoCad or SolidWorks applications.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE B.S. Degree Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing Engineering; three to five years experience in commercial or military aviation electronics; or equivalent combination of education and experience.