Genesys Aerosystems is currently seeking qualified candidates for an Engineering Manager position to lead and mentor the system/software team responsible for cutting edge and innovative avionics product development for both fixed wing and rotary platforms.
Key Responsibilities and Attributes for this position are:
- Provide functional leadership with focus in the areas of developing personnel through training and mentoring them in ways to improve their skill base and their application of those skills and maintaining a proficient technical team
- Support Product Team Leads with execution of project needs as necessary
- Lead system and software engineering efforts for developing new products and enhancing existing products by offering technical, product and procedural guidance to the team
- Provide functional expertise and technical directions to the team for all projects over the software development lifecycle, including requirements definition and analysis, software design, development and integration
- Manage the priorities of work assignments, balance conflicting priorities and day-to-day system/software activities
- Establish and maintain scope, schedule, and budget for development projects
- Ability to integrate and coordinate with other functions, including interface with program management team and external customers
- BSEE, BSCS, BSAE or equivalent experience is required.
- MSEE, MSCS, MSAE or equivalent experience is preferred.
- At least eight (8) years of Avionics experience.
- Ten (10) years of engineering development experience with high performance microcontrollers and embedded 'C' software development.
- 5+ years of engineering management or project leadership experience
- Hands on experience with software development in a DO-178 B/C environment
- Expertise in avionics interface protocols
- Demonstrated experience in full lifecycle avionics system development including requirements, design, integration and verification
- Familiarity and experience with EFIS, Autopilots, Radios
- Experience with Requirements Management and Configuration Management tools
- Familiarity with product and systems safety and ARP4754
- Experience with HW/SW integration
- Knowledge of test/support equipment development
- Strong motivational leadership skills
- Desire to constantly improve and enhance processes and standards