Researches, develops, designs, and tests electronic components, products, and systems by performing the following duties. Direct supervision is required in order for individual to meet established goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support the creation and modification of the hardware architecture, hardware requirements and hardware design for existing and new products.
- Assist in the development of software and instructions for automated equipment.
- Investigate production issues with existing designs during the manufacturing process.
- Support Hardware/Software integration testing and assist in flight testing of the company’s products
- Develop Product Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs) for production to verify proper functionality of products
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
Technical Skills – One or more of the following: C, Embedded Systems, Altium (or any PCB layout tool), Digital and Analog Design, Microprocessor/Microcontrollers.
Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering.