SUMMARY The incumbent will be responsible for organizational contractual practices and compliance. The incumbent will perform and direct the contractual closure and management of customer and sub-contract agreements for the company’s portfolio of domestic and international business; support achievement of the businesses goals and objectives; assure compliance with relevant company policies and governmental laws; perform and direct the functions of export control.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees and manages the business contractual, negotiation, and pricing practices and processes for contracts and subcontracts.
- Oversees and manages selection, approval, and the agreement process for third-party intermediaries.
- Develops and maintains the business’s trade compliance function.
- Analyzes business practices to evaluate bid responsiveness, contractor responsibility and contractor performance.
- Presents factual information, composes memoranda, minutes and reports, and drafts contract provisions and supporting documents.
- Negotiate and handle long-term and/or complex contractual and legal projects with significant financial or other business impact.
- Assist management on corporate, legal and regulatory matters to include but not limited to general contracts, vendor supplier relationships, trademarks, patents, intellectual property, and trade secrets.
- Facilitates required approvals to include but not limited to sales bids, long term agreements, and nondisclosure agreements.
- Provide assistance in product jurisdiction, classification, and recording and keep for public company knowledge.
- Establish and maintain export policies, procedures, and work instructions for modification.
- Provide government reporting and self-disclosure when applicable.
- Manage the process to:
- Provide denied persons screening for both import and exports.
- Review international shipments for compliance.
- Prepare documents as required to meet current U.S. regulatory requirements.
- Prepare shipments requiring U.S. license execution.
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE Bachelor’s degree in business administration, contracts or related field with a minimum of ten years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess superior writing skills in order to write business legal reports and correspondence and effectively present information to senior management.
Must be a U.S citizen.
- Ability to respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies, customers and business community.
- Experience in contract law.
- Experience resolving conflict between groups with opposing perspectives, agendas, or priorities.
- Strong business and financial acumen as well as superior analytical and writing skills.
- Ability to understand and bridge gaps between various cultures
TRAVEL Must be prepared for moderate domestic and/or international travel