Assists in the electrical and / or mechanical design of components and products by performing the following duties. Direct supervision is required in order for individual to meet established goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Designs components and assemblies with limited engineering oversight.
- Performs tolerance analysis and is capable of dimensioning components with a firm understanding applicable manufacturing methods.
- Assists with prototype procurement & build, responsible for development configuration and change management.
- Coordinates environmental test activities for both in-house testing and subcontracted lab testing.
- Conducts in-house and remote site testing.
- Writes test procedures and test reports for both in-house and subcontracted test efforts.
- Manages the mechanical lab and all included test equipment and tools.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Associate's degree (A. A.) from a two or four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual should have in depth knowledge of 3D parametric CAD software and working knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Individual should be familiar with FAA DO-160 environmental test requirements and capable of developing and implementing test procedures.