The qualified candidate will support the design, integration and test of our company’s avionics products (glass display systems, autopilot systems, and sensor systems) and be a technical interface on customer projects.
Specific and detailed responsibilities will include the following:
- Review and evaluate product requests from customers, formulate conceptual and feasible design changes to existing products to meet customer requirements
- Support customer development and design
- Evaluate product design for conformance to engineering principles, customer requirements, quality standards, and specifications.
- Perform software/system integration activities to verify proper functionality of the products
- Develop new testing applications or modify existing tools to support integration activities and formal tests
- Support the software/system development activities for the company’s new and legacy product lines
- Become highly knowledgeable in the architecture, design, and function of our company’s avionics products
- Coordinate design, production, testing, and related activities.
- Consult with project personnel and others to provide technical assistance and information to customers
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Establish knowledge of the avionics certification processes for the FAA and other certification authorities
The candidate must possess a bachelor's degree (B. S.) from a four-year university and a minimum of 8 years related experience and/or training. The candidate must have at least 5 years demonstrated experience designing, integrating, and testing avionics products.
- Knowledge of avionics systems both Hardware and Software
- Technical Document generation
- Technical Customer Interface
- Knowledge of safety critical applications
- Understand and write “C" code language
- Strong oral communication and technical writing skills
- Independent thinker, self-starter
- Team oriented
- U.S. Citizen or Green Card
- Willing to travel both domestic and internationally
- Knowledge of RTCA DO-178B, C (“Software Considerations In Airborne Systems And Equipment Certification”)
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations Parts 23, 25, 27, and 29